Another year has passed by – a year full of valuable experience and unforgettable tours!
Five years ago our organization, the 365 Association, launched a project for a free walking tour of Plovdiv – The Free Plovdiv Tour. The date was the 13th of July, Friday. We were not at all worried about the symbolism of that particular day, which has been imposed by superstitions and those who believe in them. On the contrary, it turned out to be our lucky date, so every year we put great effort into the preparation of the celebration.
We are an non-profit non-government association with a focus on tourism and culture.
365 days in the year we strive to promote Bulgaria. We are an association of proactive young people where something happens literally all 365 days of the year, even on dates such as January 1, March 3, December 24. Free Plovdiv Tour is our second project for a free walking tour. Our tour in Plovdiv has become a truly successful project!
Most of the tourguides of the FREE PLOVDIV TOUR!
Our beloved managers!
Looking back on the past 5 years…
- You have the opportunity to visit more of our tours. As a result of the greater number of tourists in the summer period, we have changed our schedule – from May to September you can join us at 11 a.m. as well as at 6 p.m. For the rest of the year, you can find one of the our guides at 2 p.m. at the starting point – the Municipality building.
- On the 27th May this year we welcomed our 20 000th guest – the lucky tourist was Johan from Sweden.
- In the beginning of April 2016 we launched a brand new project – Kapana Tour. Our tours of Kapana take place every Friday at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 11 a.m. The starting point of the tour is next to the model of the Roman Stadium on the Pedestrian Street.
- We have established partnerships with a variety of organisations, restaurants & clubs, projects and media.
- This year our Facebook fans exceeded the total number of 4000. What is more, we receive more and more excellent reviews on TripAdvisor, continuously motivating our team.
- More than 50 enthusiastic and ambitious people have contributed to the development of the idea of the project throughout the years.
The celebration for the fifth birthday of Free Plovdiv Tour was absolutely superb!
According to a very old tradition the tours which took place on this date were very special, full of surprises for our guests. After the end of the evening tour we all headed…
to cocktail-bar Olimp where the celebration in the company of some of the friends and partners of Free Plovdiv Tour continued all night long. We had some wine and fresh fruit appetizers in this hot summer evening under the sounds of pleasant music. The zenith of the party was the moment we blew the candles on the cake and officially became 5 years old!
It was a lucky 13th July indeed!